Author Topic: Kayak Fishing Video  (Read 4149 times)

nomoretime4fish

Re: Kayak Fishing Video
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »
nice footage they got there.  didnt know jack black surfed though,  skydiving was pretty nuts too. 

Offline Uyeda Brothers

• Global Moderator
  • Ultra Member
  • Enjoy The Day!
    • Uyeda Brothers
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2009, 05:37:46 AM »
Great vids guys!  If I followed the thread correctly you use the Flip Ultra with a waterproof housing.  Have you checked out the Sanyo waterproof camcorder?  I think Costco has them, not sure of the price.  I used to use a Fuji Finepix point and shoot in a waterproof housing, but I switched to an Olympus 1050SW after too many of my shots from were ruined because the housing fogged up if I shot a lot of pics.  Do you have any trouble with fogging up with your housing?
I want to get the Sanyo WPC pictured below but it's a toss up between that or upgrading from out current flip to the flip Ultra HD.  I was holding out on the Flip HD because they hadn't made a water housing for it yet but over the summer I kept calling and email them.  Initially they stated that there were no plans to come out with a housing for that but a few months later I got an email back and I went to their website where they finally came out with a housing.
As far as condensation is concerned, it's never happened but the trick is not to expose it any sudden temp changes (so don't put it in you fish bag and then pull it out when you want to use it)  The regular Flip Ultras have been good to us.  Although, mine doesn't record sound anymore.  I'm probably to blame for the malfunction because I don't particularly treat the camera very well.  It's constantly getting knocked around the foot well, or dropped on the kayak.  There were a couple of times also when I didn't take it out of the housing after a day's worth of fishing and there may have been a little moisture in there.  Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the abuse it took.  For the price, and for YouTube delivery, you can't beat it unless of course you step up to the Flip Ultra HD version.
We have that Sanyo WPC...but we don't have any video from it because I keep forgetting one thing or another. :-\ One day...one day...

Tandem Kayak Fishing - Double The Fun!

Offline Westsidesurfer

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »
I used to use a Fuji Finepix point and shoot in a waterproof housing, but I switched to an Olympus 1050SW after too many of my shots from were ruined because the housing fogged up if I shot a lot of pics.  Do you have any trouble with fogging up with your housing?
I put those moisture absorbing packs that you find in some food or medicine containers in the housing. That stopped the condensation problems when I took the camera out surfing, sometimes for 4 hours. Just be sure that the packs are not going to keep the o ring from creating a tight seal when you close the housing.

Offline Buckaroo

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »
I used to use a Fuji Finepix point and shoot in a waterproof housing, but I switched to an Olympus 1050SW after too many of my shots from were ruined because the housing fogged up if I shot a lot of pics.  Do you have any trouble with fogging up with your housing?
I put those moisture absorbing packs that you find in some food or medicine containers in the housing. That stopped the condensation problems when I took the camera out surfing, sometimes for 4 hours. Just be sure that the packs are not going to keep the o ring from creating a tight seal when you close the housing.

I always meant to try that, but I'd always forget to put one of those packs in.  Glad to hear that it works.  In any case, a waterproof point and shoot is still the way to go for kayaking or surfing since they're small enough to carry in a pocket and you don't need the depth capability of an separate housing.

Offline Westsidesurfer

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »

I always meant to try that, but I'd always forget to put one of those packs in.  Glad to hear that it works.  In any case, a waterproof point and shoot is still the way to go for kayaking or surfing since they're small enough to carry in a pocket and you don't need the depth capability of an separate housing.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't use that camera much nowdays. I use a Fuji Z33WP now. It fits easily in my surf shorts pocket or PFD pocket. No need to surf with a fanny pack anymore.

Offline HensonD67

• Aquahunters is the reason for my addiction
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »

That's a good Idea. I'm gonna tell my partner about this. He uses a housing liike this too.

Offline Westsidesurfer

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2009, 06:38:14 PM »

That's a good Idea. I'm gonna tell my partner about this. He uses a housing liike this too.

You probably need more than one, depending on the size of the pack. I usually had six little packs in there and it worked great for me.

alphadog808

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »
New one!   8)  Hope you like it!   ;D

Ahnkochee

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »
Ho, I wanted to see the kage shot into the second Mahi.  ;D  Awesome footage and good to see kage being put to good use.  Right on guys, congratz 2 da max!  ;)

Offline HensonD67

• Aquahunters is the reason for my addiction
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
Which shark shield is that? The surf version? And do you guys leave it on and in the water the whole time while trolling or drop it in the water only when you get a hook up? Thanks guys. Might invest in one of these soon :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:32:22 PM by HensonD67 »

Offline Sonstorm

• Ultra Member
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
great video and great catches guys.. love of the sound of reel peeling...

Offline The One That Got Away

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »
Congrats guys on the catches.  Keep the vids coming they are awesome!!!

Offline Ken

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »
Das some mean action!  :o ;D Well done guys!  :)
aka Muskie-Bait

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 301 species

Offline Paz

• Ultra Member
  • Tandem Kayak Fishing: Never die alone
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 09:18:14 AM »
Went fishing last Saturday.  Came home with an Uku and good sized Weke ula and took MONSTER strikes all day (but rubber hooked em).  Was a lot of fun being in the kayak after a long break.  We even got visited by this pod of whales.
http://www.facebook.com/v/231354644162
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:23:33 AM by Paz »
Tandem Kayak Fishing:  Never die alone

Offline Westsidesurfer

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »
Cool video! I haven't seen as many whales as usual on the westside this winter.

Offline HG

• Ultra Member
    • Pau Spam, LLC
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
nice action shots!  How do you like your new HD cam?

Went fishing last Saturday.  Came home with an Uku and good sized Weke ula and took MONSTER strikes all day (but rubber hooked em).  Was a lot of fun being in the kayak after a long break.  We even got visited by this pod of whales.
http://www.facebook.com/v/231354644162

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2017, 05:02:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

To'au (Flame tail or black tailed snapper)

Posted by on 10 May 2009

in
AQUAHUNTERS Species Collection Gallery

Lutjanus fulvus

4 comment(s)