Author Topic: National Salt Water Angler Registry  (Read 6105 times)

Offline takoman

• Ultra Member
Re: National Salt Water Angler Registry
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
I got boarded by the coast gaurd recently for a random inspection, they wanted to see my boat registration, but never asked for anything relating to this registry or anything regarding fishing reg's.  Come to think of it, although the CG is often out and about on the water, I don't think I've ever seen a DLNR or NOAA boat in all my years fishing here.  Kinda hard to enforce a 3mile fishing reg when they only hang out on the pier waiting for guys to come back in, who's to say how far you really went out...  Or maybe their gonna use the fees to buy themselves a patrol boat, then use the fines to buy another, and another etc..  Maybe if no one pays for the initial registration they won't be able to start a vicious cycle.  ;)
They made me get a TWIC card because i am a Boat Captain. I have yet to use the thing. payed $250 out of my pocket. everytime i go into a secured area they ask me for my ID. I bust out my TWIC card and they always tell me " Oh we dont have a machine to swipe your card." Lose money.
TWIC= transportation worker identification credential

Offline KawikaFBI808

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
I got a twic card as well for work but on the big isle they dont have a machine to swipe it... As far as i kno but i did the free registration thing just incase i go out more than 3 miles :)
Kawika aka "BDongo"

Offline Makaio

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »
Just singed up, figured I should do it before the end of the year, while it's still free.  After registering it said "You are now one of our 12 million angler partners in the National Saltwater Angler Registry."  Hmmm, quick match, 12million X $25 = $300million in 2011, wonder how much of that will go to anything worth while for us?

Offline Honza

• ;)
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
Aloha,

Does anyone know how long the registry is valid for???

If I register before end of the year, will that be valid for the one year from the day registering or it is valid only for the end of the year/

Thanks

Honza

Update: Just register and it is valid for one year from the date of registering... Not sure why I posted this post ;D

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:00:57 AM by Honza »
Exercise and Fishing that is Kayak fishing

Offline AlohaDan

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
Finally got an e-mail message soliciting input on how many $ I SPEND ON REC FISHING. I wasn't asked to register again . Here's what you get if chosen. Even if your not, you might be able to contact Sabrina direct if you have strong feelings on rec fishing.

Dear Daniel,

We know recreational fishing is important to you. We would like your help in showing just how important recreational fishing is to coastal economies across the United States.  NOAA Fisheries Service, the federal agency responsible for the conservation of our ocean resources, is conducting a survey about the economic importance of marine recreational fishing in the United States.

Your name was randomly drawn from the National Saltwater Angler Registry. We are inviting anglers who indicated an intent to fish in Hawaii when they signed up for the Angler Registry to participate in this survey.  The survey asks about your fishing activities and the money you spent on recreational fishing in the past 12 months.  This information enables us to understand the contribution of recreational anglers to the economies of coastal states and the nation, and allows policy makers to make well informed decisions for the good of the resource and the sport.

This web-based survey can be easily completed over the internet at your convenience. You are one of a small number of recreational anglers who have been selected to participate, so we hope you will take a few minutes to tell us about your fishing activities and the money you have spent on recreational fishing.  Even if you havenít fished recently, your responses are still very important.  The survey is completely voluntary, confidential, and easy to complete.  Just click on the link below.

https://www.icfsurveys.com/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=nes_2011&Id=1523324686

Please complete this survey no later than February 7, 2012. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.  Please feel free to call me at 301-427-8153 or send an email to 2011NES@noaa.gov.  If you have any questions about the survey administration or experience technical difficulties while completing the survey please contact NESHelp@icfi.com.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to receiving your responses.

Sincerely,
Sabrina Lovell
Office of Science and Technology
National Marine Fisheries Service
Silver Spring, MD  20910

Gave South Africa World Cup a run. Next up Brazil

Offline BadKarma

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »
I realize this is an older topic but as just getting started out over here has anyone actually been checked out on the water? and do you guy that registered in the past still renew with the $25 fee?
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14
Malibu Kayaks Stealth 12

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 02:09:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

Three banger