Author Topic: Nanko's Fishing Supply Kaneohe  (Read 715 times)

Offline Boogie-D

• Ultra Member
  • addicted to kayak fishing
    • Coastal Kayak Tours
Nanko's Fishing Supply Kaneohe
« on: May 22, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
Nanko inc. Fishing Supplies, Liquor, and Sundries.
46-003 Alaloa st. Kanehoe, Hawaii 96744-3817
(808) 247-0938

The other day i had some time to kill before a meeting in kailua. I was looking for places to hang up the Yak Off fliers... so i did a quick google search for tackle stores on Trina's smart phone and found this really cool store in Kaneohe called Nanko's.. its just up and off one of the main kaneohe streets near where all the car dealers are and the courthouse is.... The store has some cool gear in it and has the best fly tying selection i have seen at any of the local stores.. I bought $70 dollars of Opel fly tying gear  ;).. I also found the led prices to be pretty good so i picked up a few sinkers to... one cool thing was that it was a very hot day out side and this fishing store sells beer too... now how can you go wrong with that.. some fly tying stuff, some leads, and a cold beer all at one convenient spot.. very cool...

The owner Tab was also very nice... He let me hang up my Yak Off fliers and in the end he agreed to donate some prizes to the up coming tournament.. so i was really stoked to make that stop.. Tab was also very informative about what works good for catching opelu  ;D... check out Nanko's.. east side anglers might enjoy this one stop shop... and its good to support local stores especially in this trying economy..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:41:33 PM by Boogie-D »

Wind is the fuel for my Hobie. Aloha Boogie-D www.coastalkayaktours.com

Offline Makaio

Re: Nanko's Fishing Supply Kaneohe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »
Nanko's has always been one of my favorites, although a good ways from home for me.  Plus the only place on island that I've found that sells the smaller sizes of stainless steel hooks.  All in all a real nice down to earth fishing store.

Offline metalman

• Ultra Member
    • http://www.hawaiianmetalworks.com
Re: Nanko's Fishing Supply Kaneohe
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »
I grew up with Nankos. Was nice to see that Tab was able to take over the store when the old man retired. Always helpful, always friendly :)
Check out my Facebook page: "Hawaiian Metal Art" for Custom Rudders, Gaffs, Kage's or anything that you want done with metal, aluminum or stainless steel,  pm me ;) !!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2017, 03:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

Tako

Posted by on 01 Sep 2009

in
Hawaiian Yak Fish

Laughing because it took 15-20 minutes just to wrestle it into the yak. 2 bent kages, 1 gaff, 1 knife, 1 bite to make it submit.

0 comment(s)