Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS  (Read 26280 times)

Offline WaiehuWaterPatrol

• Ultra Member
  • Can't catch fish without a hook in the water
Re: INTRODUCTIONS
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
Yeah guys. Welcome to the forum. Enter the Makahiki. It will force you to become a better fisherman.
A hui hou,
Adam

Offline Cocacola_cowboy

• blessed to live in hawaii na
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
That or get eaten buy sharks
Na welcome to the madness and enjoy
salt water heals all.
the mind the heart and the soul

Offline Gram-Bo

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »
Nice way to go getting eaten by a shark, maybe Karma for all the fish I eaten! HAha. Thanks for the welcome mat. You can enter the Makahiki when ever's? Maybe i'm not looking hard enough for the info.
"A bad day in the water beats and good day at work"

Offline Jack Johnson Jr.

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »
My name is Jack Johnson, I have been in the Navy for 27 years I crew up in Michigan fishing and hunting. I came to Hawaii in 1994. I got married in 2001 to a beautiful island girl and have three kids. I have fished all over the world, when I crew up in Michigan I use to drift down the river with my father in a canoe and fish for steal head (over sized trout). Crew up Sailing and sailed all of the great Lakes. I have a power boat and I enjoy fishing west side of Oahu, I have caught some Ono. Then I learned of Kayak fishing and have loved it ever since. I havenít caught anything but it makes me feel alive and I know I will eventually hook something good. I have a Hobie oasis tandem Kayak. Well, looking forward to seeing you all on the water.   

Jack
DONT GIVE UP THE SHIP!

Offline Cocacola_cowboy

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
Welcome Jack

Gram fool under the forum for makahiki and search that its there
salt water heals all.

Offline Gram-Bo

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »
Yep! Definatly not looking hard enough! Going to enter all about supporting the AH community and the anglers who catch the big ones.
"A bad day in the water beats and good day at work"

Offline tacosaurusrex

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2013, 08:26:09 AM »
What up, AH! My name is Jon. I just moved to Oahu from the West Virginia during the winter. I use to canoe and fish the rivers and lakes there and also have white watered raft a lot. Decided to wait till end of spring  to try and get a Yak and start to paddle around. Been in some crazy rapids but the oceans seems to be a beast of its own so trying to think about safety first and just getting some information before doing too much. Been busy here lately but gonna try and get started here soon. I need to learn the water and get comfortable out there before I start to fish too much. Hopefully I'll see some of you around!

Offline Cocacola_cowboy

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2013, 12:09:28 PM »
Good luck and welcom
Read the forum alot of info on here and a lot of good guys too
salt water heals all.

Offline Rooster

• Jackson Kayak
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
 ALOHA!!! My name is Mike and I just joined the forum this week. I grew up in Alaska and have been fishing ever since I can remember. I have lived in Hawaii since 2003 and have been an avid fisherman and free diver ever since I stepped foot on the islands. I have owned a couple of boats here and caught allot of trophy fish but while looking for a new boat recently I decided to buy a Kayak instead! I have been fortunate enough to have an AH mentor (Brad) for the last couple months while I have been learning the ropes. After learning on Brad's Scupper I can definently say i'm proficient in self recovery after a flip! lol... After the first time I went out I was HOOKED! I have had the privilege of meeting a few AH members while fishing with Brad and look forward to meeting more. First thing I did after joining the forum was register for Makahiki  :D its gonna be a good year!
My setup..
Yak: Trident Ultra 4.3

Tight Lines and Safe Trips... Aloha
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:15:17 AM by Rooster »

Offline metalman

• Ultra Member
    • http://www.hawaiianmetalworks.com
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »
ROOSTER! KAYAK LOOKING GOOD MAN :) !!!!!!!!!!!
You got one HECK of a mentor :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope to see you on the water soon:) !!!
MM
Check out my Facebook page: "Hawaiian Metal Art" for Custom Rudders, Gaffs, Kage's or anything that you want done with metal, aluminum or stainless steel,  pm me ;) !!

Offline #polynesianpirates

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »
Aloha all,

First post on the site. Live on Maui and am only getting started with kayak fishing. Bought a little 10-footer from Sports Authority on sale for $250 and was totally hooked after my first time out. Fast forward 6-months and around $8K later, I've upgraded 3 times and now have 5 yaks all together. I bought another Sports Authority special, the Perception Sport Pescador, but soon sprung for a Hobie once I started noticing how many fishermen were using them. I now have an Adventure, a Pro Angler 14 and an Outback (the latest addition). The learning curve is steep, as I've never been a 'boat guy'. Only shoreline; whipping, dunking, plugging for blue's, slide bait for ulua. My son is my main partner and we go out as often as we can, which is every weekend.

I've been pouring through the threads, trying to catch up. There is a ton of knowledge here and I am really grateful. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:25:14 AM by mauiwes »

Offline Cocacola_cowboy

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
Dam sonds like ya got a whole fleet there
Wecome and be safe on the water
salt water heals all.

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »
Dam sonds like ya got a whole fleet there
Wecome and be safe on the water

I know, right? Each one has a definite purpose, so I think I might keep'em all!

Offline metalman

• Ultra Member
    • http://www.hawaiianmetalworks.com
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
BAHAHAHAHA!!!! From a $250 kayak to the Pro Angler 14  ;D!!!!! Let's see if you can catch up to Givum :) !!!!
Great to have your son as your partner, so awesome :) !!! Blade has a Pro Angler 12 that he let me play with to see how I liked it....excuse me....LOVED IT!!! That thing is a boat ;) !!!
I work for Windward Boats part time in sales and repair. Always push people to buy yellow for safety reasons.
Looks like you may have room for a Tandem Island ;) !!!
Nice to see how much the kayak bug hanapa'ad  you !!!
Waiting to see your pics and videos soon ;D
Aloha,
MM
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:34:31 PM by metalman »
Check out my Facebook page: "Hawaiian Metal Art" for Custom Rudders, Gaffs, Kage's or anything that you want done with metal, aluminum or stainless steel,  pm me ;) !!

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
lol Metalman! I think I'm good for now.. ;) plus I've run out of money!
The PA14 is a beast, so I got the Outback for the more long distance runs. The PA is really comfortable and roomy, but I'll only use it for certain spots and nice water. It's too heavy to fight against a strong headwind. Found that out the hard way! :-[

Offline PACMAN

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2013, 04:42:46 PM »
U know us potogeez love da Yaaaaaaalo!  8)

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
U know us potogeez love da Yaaaaaaalo!  8)

You know dat, cuz. CON3!  ;D
Oh, and safety first, too..  8)

Offline PACMAN

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »
Haha! Yessssahhhh! PTO

Offline Arch

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 11:03:23 AM »
Aloha
I live on the leeward side of the Big Island with my wife who grew up in Volcano. I am originally from California and I have fished most of my life and have been diving forever on the west coast for abalone and rockfish. As an eager teenager I actually made my first fiberglass kayak (sit inside with an eskimo skirt) in the late 60's using the then sierra club mould and fished the ocean with it although it was a serious clunker for fishing compared to what we use today, but it worked for me fishing and I did learn to get in and out of the west coast surf zone without getting my face ground off! I left the kayak world for a long time and went to power boats and now much older I am happily back to Kayaks. I have an old Hobie and a new OK Trident, both great kayaks. Being new to Hawaii kayak fishing I am on the Hawaii kayak fishing learning curve and am enjoying it very much learning about the fishing techniques, the bait, the lures and all. Caught Pelagics in my power boat (Mahi, Marlin, Aku etc.) but so far only caught bottom fish in the Yak - no complaints at all. I love being out in the ocean with no motor sounds (especially not hearing the ka-ching cash register sound for the cost of gas), just the water and sometimes the dolphins and recently the whales. I usually launch out of Kawaihae and recently launched out of Kiholo Bay while camping there. Really appreciate this website and all the useful information - Thanks.

Offline alfisha

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 07:40:29 AM »
Hi AH hears my story, I am 31 , I have lived on Oahu since 2002, I have a lot of experience in the seafood industry on the mainland but no experience catching fish other than a few half day charters in Costa Rica when I was a kid. Once I saw the CHOMPY vid it was on. A friend loaned my her Malibu two with missing rivets and broken straps. She moved to the mainland and gave me the yak. I replaced the straps and rivets, I installed a milk crate and some home made rod holders. I put together a safety kit: PFD, whistle, horn, bowline, paddle leash. I have some paddling experience but mostly in bays and rivers. I took the yak out for some test runs trolling some lures and landed 1 Awa and 1 Aha.  I am addicted. I just purchased a Penn fierce combo for 98.$, and I have a small  Shimano spinner. I have been researching and learning as much as I can.  Thanks to all the AHrs the info you provide is very valuable.
 -AL-
Earth-2/3 water me-2/3 water.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2017, 03:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

lai