Author Topic: The Secret Section.  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Doc Hall

• Ultra Member
  • Too Close for missiles, i'm switching to guns.
The Secret Section.
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:21:47 AM »
Hey guys and girls, i just wanted to bring up the etiquette for reaching the secret section again.  We have many new members now, and we welcome you completely, but it seems that when people find out about the 250 posts to get to the secret section, some start posting one liners, and posts that are obviously the same for every thread they post on.......Nice fish, nice catch, and things like that.  Don't be afraid to post longer reply's, we welcome it.  Thanks for reading.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

Offline HG

• Ultra Member
    • Pau Spam, LLC
Re: The Secret Section.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
Show me ur rig

;D

Offline Rob

• Ultra Member
  • AH European Correspondent
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
Show me ur rig

;D

That's what she said!
If it was easy it wouldn't be this much fun...

Offline yelloman

• Ultra Member
  • reel nice!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »
tmi  :D

Offline Shark bait

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
I was excited to get to the secret section and find out what all you pros been doing...  I admit I got a little bit post happy. ::)

The secret section has some good stuff but I've been finding out the hard way the only sure way to be a better fisherman is to put time in the water and pay my dues.  Thanks to all you guys for the encouraging words and sharing your stories with us noobs.

Offline CHUCK55

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »
Hey guys and girls, i just wanted to bring up the etiquette for reaching the secret section again.  We have many new members now, and we welcome you completely, but it seems that when people find out about the 250 posts to get to the secret section, some start posting one liners, and posts that are obviously the same for every thread they post on.......Nice fish, nice catch, and things like that.  Don't be afraid to post longer reply's, we welcome it.  Thanks for reading.

X2

.....Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  :D :D :D

Offline Rusty

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »
Secret section ???  I've been on this forum since November 2009 and haven't seen the secret section.

Offline Honza

• ;)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 07:28:53 PM »
I think that many things in secret section are very similar to regular posts. As I find out, even if I got the access to the Secret Section I do not catch fish... :'(It is all about going out and keep trying and getting more comfortable on the yak. More time on the water=more fish eventually ;)
Exercise and Fishing that is Kayak fishing

Offline HIyakker

• Fish, it's what's for dinner
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »
it doesn't really matter if you have access to the CIA Section of the forum, you need to be at the right place, right time and have the right bait, most of the info there is scattered around the normal section of the forum, so save your bandwidth (I remember saying this when we had a limit on the V.38 modems of yore) and do a search.
Prowler Trident 13 --- <*)))))><

Offline eatmofish

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »
EVERYTHING thats in the secret section is also in the regular forums, it just takes some searching and reading. I was dissapointed when i got to 250 and read thru it. It really is just about fishing, get out there and try something new, i try to run a new rig for a while everytime i go out, never know what might work.

It took my like 6 months but i think i read every post on this forum - and I'm a better yakfisher for it.

Thanks AH!

Offline Rocket

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
  • There is kayak fishing and there is Aquahunters
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:53 AM »
The secret section does have some things that really work...Im just not going to point them out right now. ::)

Offline ssuehiro

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
I don't think anything should be pointed out... If Houdini told the secrets of his magic there would be none... Secrets should be revealed only after you put in the time.  And even then methods learned evolve for the individual.

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• 65lb Diego BEAST
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:34 AM »

X2

.....Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  :D :D :D

Hahaha you beat me to it

I figured at the rate I'm going I might have access in about 2-3 years and I will have it partially figured out by then

Offline HIyakker

• Fish, it's what's for dinner
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »

Hahaha you beat me to it

I figured at the rate I'm going I might have access in about 2-3 years and I will have it partially figured out by then

That's why you need to make friends here that will share some of the "Secret Sauce" ;D ;D
Prowler Trident 13 --- <*)))))><

Offline wetokole

• Ultra Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
The secret section does have some things that really work...Im just not going to point them out right now. ::)
He he he...   ;D

Offline yelloman

• Ultra Member
  • reel nice!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »

so there is things there that don't work  >:(  thanks a bunch  :D

Offline tim2199

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
As frustrating as it is to not be able to see the "low hanging fruit" aka secret section; there is lots of great reads for all members. Thanks everyone for posting.

Offline Ryōshi

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 03:42:33 AM »
I thought the secret section was a myth or a joke on us noobs lol.  Guess I'll have to reach 250 posts to find out. But most of the threads look like they really won't pick up till next year when the fishing does as well. Fine by me cause you have to earn rewards.
A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

north shore shark adventures

Offline 9th

• Hanapa'a
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 05:06:13 AM »
Oh, God, Thy sea is so great,and my kayak is so small...

Offline da Pirates

• Sometimes we catch!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »
Secrets secrets secrets.... What secrets???
Jerk 'um up... das how we play!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 07:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

North Shore Sunset