Author Topic: The Secret Section.  (Read 4952 times)

Offline Cocacola_cowboy

• blessed to live in hawaii na
Re: The Secret Section.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
The secret section is top secret not but worth the time reading threw the open posts you will find the answers to your questions grasshopper
salt water heals all.
the mind the heart and the soul

Offline Ryōshi

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:24 PM »
I've done a ton of reading.  All the way back to 2008 lol. Been all over almost every part of the forum. I will be posting a pic of my kayak with videos of how I did it. I'll make my kage, fishfinder using a power wheels battery (maybe), rammount rod holders, transducer, gps mount, I've gota lot of work ahead of me but all january to get it done. Then fingers crossed get my first paligec fish in February (high expectations for my self). Then catching live opelu through the summer then it's on!
A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

north shore shark adventures

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 07:10:16 AM »
It all comes down to experience. To get good you have to put the time in.
 Everything on the water happens for a reason. There is a reason fish bite and a reason they dont. Nothing is random even if it seems random at the time.
  When you catch, you need to look at the BIG picture and try and understand why.. what you did different.
 And never stop trying new things.
  Be safe  ;)

Offline Ryōshi

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 09:01:52 AM »
Been fishing all my life and is the same every where. I could catcha trout no matter what day it was lol. I just new my prey that well, I know is going to take some practice but knowledge will raise the curve a bit. I read up on every fish I see pictures of our want to catch to learn thier feeding habits and depths and preferred water temps. I know to watch for slicks or currents that change the look of the top of the water to smoother looking than the rest. I know birds is a big sign for bait and bigger feeding fish. Mahi love floating junk and you can usually find one or two smaller ones around it. Ono like sharper drop offs or shelfs. A ton of things online but bait presentation just like in the my home waters is key. I just want to run before I walk but have taken my time to walk at honeymoon beach. Even in rougher waters out in the bay just to learn my yak and the ocean. Reading all the knowledge here on this forum has caused me a headache a couple of times lol.i could never put all of it to use asi don't know the water yet but I'll learn that two. Thanks for all the words every one has posted.
A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

north shore shark adventures

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 10:42:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

moana 2-4