Author Topic: Grant's World  (Read 763 times)

Offline grant's world

Grant's World
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »
Just going to add a couple of my videos to AHTV.  Starting from a humble Nubie a little over a year ago I've been lucky to be in the right spot at the right time.  Hopefully with more time out the knowledge will grow.  Hope you enjoy the up coming videos....

Video 1.... 2011 Makahiki Day 21, Ulua tme.

Grant's Makahiki Day 21, Ulua Time

Offline grant's world

Re: Grant's World
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
Heading out to the bouy is meant to be productive.... on this day had plenty of dolphins snagging bait before you could get any takers.  I tried to drop an opelu down a little deeper in hopes of catching a decent sized shibi or maybe my first ono.  Well I hooked up but not with what I wanted.

Had to leader the bugga so that I could get my swivel back.  Hope you enjoy.

Catching a Shark on a Kayak

Offline grant's world

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
Last year prior to my first Makahiki.... was thinking it would be easy after a day like this.  Sorry for the yelling in the video but wanted to hear the reels screaming.  You can also tell I'm bad at guessing whats on the end of my line as each fish I guessed wrong after seeing the first color.  This is still my best day of fishing so far.

gotta loved being pullled around sometimes.

Kawakawa and Ahi- Reel Screamers

Oh yeah.... Thanks to Bert who made me a new Kagi after seeing this video.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:09:18 AM by grant5314 »

Offline grant's world

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 07:16:55 AM »
Damashi Action---

Video was taken last year but only recently learned how to convert the video format to allow for editing.  With that said its time to upgrade to a GoPro if I can ever afford one.

Picked up a nice Weke Ula in the beginning and shortly after a 30 minute battle ensued.... 9 or 10 lb Omilu.  Because it was on the damashi I was afraid to trust the drag set and mostly thumbed the spool to ensure the line didn't break.  Couldn't believe the size of the Omilu when I first saw the color.  Second Omilu was a little easier after the first.  The second one came in somewhere around 7 lbs.  While peddling in the mainline went and picked up a bonus Ulua.

Damashi Action

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2017, 04:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

Aha