Author Topic: Inexpensive Fish Bag  (Read 2740 times)

Offline backdraft808

• "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
Inexpensive Fish Bag
« on: June 20, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
  I just got in my order for a Boone Pro Series Monster Bag, size Small.  I never saw or heard of this bag but saw it on the Bass Pro site, read very favorable reviews on it, and decided to pull the trigger.  It measures 19" x 58" and fits tight in my Scupper Pro front hatch (the bag fits perfectly across my Ford F150's open tailgate).  They have bigger sizes, but after measuring the inside of my hull, I'm glad I went with this one. 

The construction looks decent and sturdy, with thick vinyl material on the inside and out, a drain plug, and what I guestimated as 1/2" of insulation.  The heavy duty zipper runs across the top which will make it a hell of a lot easier to open from the front hatch vs the ones that zipper across the top then down the side. 

The cost was $118.69 from Amazon, reduced from $150.00, and at that price, the bag looks well worth the money.  I'll test it out tomorrow and hopefully will have something to put in.  At the very least I can see how the ice holds up.  At least now I won't have to paddle straight in if I catch something decent.  Aloha, and hopefully this helps someone on a tight budget.

Offline evan b

• Ultra Member
Re: Inexpensive Fish Bag
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »
I had a comparable bag that was only 40" long. They work well

Offline backdraft808

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
Thats an awesome endorsement especially with the catches you've posted!  My bag still has the "new car smell".

Offline Uyeda Brothers

• Global Moderator
  • Ultra Member
  • Enjoy The Day!
    • Uyeda Brothers
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:23:46 AM »
Thats an awesome endorsement especially with the catches you've posted!  My bag still has the "new car smell".
We have a feeling that the new car smell won't be for long! :) :)

Tandem Kayak Fishing - Double The Fun!

Offline 619-SWIM-DOG

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:35:15 AM »
Hope you Bloody your bag............

Offline backdraft808

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
Unfortunately the bag was not bloodied.  I got a few aha's but said nah and threw them back.  I threw in a #7.5 bag of ice, was in the water for 4.5hrs, and was left with about 1/3 of the ice.  Not bad, insulation wise. 

The other good news was the water stayed in the fish bag and didn't leak in the kayak.  To double check the water tightness, I left the bag on sidewalk while I washed my gear and no leaks.  All in all, great bag for the price.

lukem5

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »
$120... inexpensive??!?!?!? No wonder you guys get angry wives, thats absolutely ridiculous for an insulated cooler bag shaped for a fish and/or yak.

Nice bag though, get what ya pay for  8)

If you are still around, hows it holding up?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 07:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

8-6