Author Topic: Drying fish  (Read 2121 times)

Offline mongoose

• Ultra Member
Drying fish
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
Was at the local Korean store Woorimart on Beretania today and found a pretty good fish drying mesh bag for $23.  Thought I'd pass this on.  It is 1'7" x 1'7" x 1'10" tall.  Pretty easy and convenient w good price.  3 compartments and zipper to close.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:42:31 PM by mongoose »

Offline onomahi2

Re: Drying fish
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »
Sounds like a great price!!

Offline malama808state

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »
Does it come with instructions and stuff? Cause I don't know SNUFFLEUPAGUS about drying fish but I'd like to try.

Offline metalman

• Ultra Member
    • http://www.hawaiianmetalworks.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »
Google it. I"m not ready to start, but I plan to this season. I have my old-timer friend and some other old timers that said they would help me :) One thing that is SUPER POPULAR is to buy the
Check out my Facebook page: "Hawaiian Metal Art" for Custom Rudders, Gaffs, Kage's or anything that you want done with metal, aluminum or stainless steel,  pm me ;) !!

Offline DriftingSon

• Ultra Member
    • Writs of a Drifting Son
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »
Google it. I"m not ready to start, but I plan to this season. I have my old-timer friend and some other old timers that said they would help me :) One thing that is SUPER POPULAR is to buy the

???  Somebody better go check on Bert.

Offline da Pirates

• Sometimes we catch!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
:) One thing that is SUPER POPULAR is to buy the

... dry box so you can dry fish.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:19:00 PM by da Pirates »
Jerk 'um up... das how we play!

Offline metalman

• Ultra Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »
:) One thing that is SUPER POPULAR is to buy the

... dry box so you can dry fish.  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Check out my Facebook page: "Hawaiian Metal Art" for Custom Rudders, Gaffs, Kage's or anything that you want done with metal, aluminum or stainless steel,  pm me ;) !!

Offline Theabyss

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 06:42:26 AM »
I have been experimenting with drying and salting fish, still learning but I feel the most important issues are keeping it away from flies and scromboid(look it up), I just had it, not much fun, my bout was brief thankfully and my girlfriend had it before and she is also a pharmacist so she knew to get a antihistamine in me quick .

Offline ahi-hunter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
After catching a decent fish this weekend I had too much to eat so I made a dry box last night. I and salt soaked some of the fish over night in a salt brine. This morning I rinsed it, put it in the box, and took it to work to dry in the back of my truck. I live/work in N kona and it is HOT this time of year especially along the coast where I am working. The fish is mostly dried out after one day. The thinner pieces were good to eat after work but the thicker stuff will need another day. Will post some pics soon

Offline alfisha

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 06:49:24 AM »
I have a fish drying box made out of mesh screen and it has three shelves in it. I never used it but I want to make dry Aku.
Earth-2/3 water me-2/3 water.

Offline metalman

• Ultra Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:22:23 AM »
After catching a decent fish this weekend I had too much to eat so I made a dry box last night. I and salt soaked some of the fish over night in a salt brine. This morning I rinsed it, put it in the box, and took it to work to dry in the back of my truck. I live/work in N kona and it is HOT this time of year especially along the coast where I am working. The fish is mostly dried out after one day. The thinner pieces were good to eat after work but the thicker stuff will need another day. Will post some pics soon

Can't wait to see pics :) !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:42:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

Mahi Pic Trick