Author Topic: Leashes  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Theabyss

Re: Leashes
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
I made some leashes, tried them out, total tangled nightmare, could have been my death sentence, luckily a more experienced kayaker clued me in, I ended up using 20# mono for my leashes and only used heavy line for my poles, was a good catch anyhow.

Offline da Pirates

• Sometimes we catch!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
20# for leashes???
Jerk 'um up... das how we play!

Offline Ryōshi

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »
Seems a little light to me.
A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

north shore shark adventures

Offline Theabyss

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »
Seems a little light to me.
The idea is you can break it if you need to, you can replace your gear, your body, you can't .

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »
Yea and you go lock down the drag on one shark and then drop your rod and that 20# going brake before your 60#80 main line. bye bye gear.

Just go spend the $20 a leash and get the good ones off like with the release clips. One of the best kayak fishing investments I've made. Sure i could have made some home made leashes but these are very nice and convenient and have lasted me for years.

Offline Theabyss

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 06:17:49 AM »
Yea and you go lock down the drag on one shark and then drop your rod and that 20# going brake before your 60#80 main line. bye bye gear.

Just go spend the $20 a leash and get the good ones off like with the release clips. One of the best kayak fishing investments I've made. Sure i could have made some home made leashes but these are very nice and convenient and have lasted me for years.
Thanks Lp , I did leash my poles with  120# bottom line , glad I did  cause I got a double strike and may have lost the rig, got them both in the boat, I will look into leashes for my poles, my buddy showed me his, he runs a 9/0, I run a  penn 9500 and 10500 so I couldn't use the same setup, I agree poles need to be secured, I don't feel it is worth it to leash all my gear with heavy line , then  get hulied by some beast and end up tangled and possibly drown because of all that cord.

Offline mackdive808

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 01:12:15 PM »
I have the rod bungee coed from go bananas,but they seem to get in the way when on the spinning rods.  I have them below the reel. Does anyone put them one different.

Mahalo
Mike

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 02:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

Kahala