Author Topic: Rod holders  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Theabyss

Rod holders
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:46:18 AM »
I have been going using the Scotty rod holders, screwed onto my kayak, it's been working alright, did catch a 60# ulua with the set up! I wanted to set up something with more support, so I rigged up something more custom, it worked okay, but I need the poles to sit more parallel to the water when I am fishing, I like having them more upright when launching and landing. I was going to put in another piece of wood along side the existing ones with the hole cut at more of an angle. Any input would be cool, curious if anyone else has put in custom pole holders.

Offline Rooster

• Jackson Kayak
Re: Rod holders
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:00:35 AM »
Those Scotty mounts will take a shotgun style rod holder that they make so you can adjust your angles, just make sure you use a backing plate that will allow you to lay your rods flatter . and for vertical rod storage... I dont know the measurements but if a milk crate would fit you could put them on that, or the make adjustable shotguns you could mount in the front. OR option 1001, you could put a rod holder on a tackle box... just some different Ideas at the end of the day you have to find out what works best for you. that will come with time and testing. I will link a picture of what I have evolved to personally. Hope it helps if not... do you :)  oh and you could even install flush mounts which are in my opinion one of the best ways to go.

Offline Theabyss

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:54:38 AM »
Thanks rooster, I revamped my set up, using abs, I won't go into to much detail until I have used it.

Offline Theabyss

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 05:29:20 AM »
I used the pole holders, they held up well, caught but did not land( twice) a 5 foot shark, I used 1-1/2" abs , worked better than the Scotty or the ram pole holders and is way cheaper.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 02:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

uku 2/11