Author Topic: Team Pelagically Insane  (Read 5279 times)

Offline rjkronicles

Team Pelagically Insane
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »

Team: Pelagically Insane

Team Member 1
Name: Roman Perez
Island: Oahu
Kayak(s): Ocean Kayak Trident 15
# of Makahiki: 2nd

Team Member 2
Name: Robert Kramer
Island: Oahu
Kayak(s): Jackson Kayak Kraken 15.5
# of Makahiki: 1st

Offline rjkronicles

Re: Team Pelagically Insane
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
Claiming 1st day tomorrow 5/5/2016 for Rob Kramer solo.

Unless the truck breaks down, gets stolen or a whale lands on me, gonna claim Friday 5/6/2016 for Rob Kramer solo too.

I'm looking forward to competing with you guys.  I hope everyone stays safe and fills their fishbags with monster pelagics this season!  Many mahalos!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:29:54 PM by rjkronicles »

Offline Jah_keb

• Instagram - Cryptocaryon
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:24 PM »
Wutchu got today Rob!?

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 10:58:55 PM »
I though I had 2 pair but later realized that uluas don't count.

My 1st day total:
20pts = 13lb shibi
30pts = 15lb shibi
shibi stands = 2x uluas
Total: 50pts day one solo

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »
15lb shibi weighed in

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 11:23:08 PM »
Claiming day 2 tomorrow, 5/6/2016, solo for Rob Kramer.

Offline jonboodogg

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 11:34:31 PM »
Damn bro those shibi stands are legit haha. Nice haul. Successful first day

Offline Thaiger

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 03:49:58 AM »
Some good action right there bro. Good luck

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »
Thanks Jon and Thaiger!

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
Day 2 total for solo sesh

10pts = aha
7pts = hage cnr

My day 2 total: 17pts

My total makahiki points: 67pts

Was a tough day.  I think I paddled 5 hours in search for bait.  Never seen um near any of my marks.  I picked up 7 small pieces on the inside.  I think the ahas followed me around and destroyed my bait even at 350 feet of water.  I Managed to pickup this little bait thief before heading in.  I also landed a hage along with a handful of papio on my bait rod early in the morning.  I released the hage and never recorded it thinking I would land some pelagics on this almost 5 star day.  If someone doesn't believe my hage cnr, I will forfeit the 7 points. 

Offline Mallratcharlie

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
Nice talking to you at the beach.

Offline Rocket

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
  • There is kayak fishing and there is Aquahunters
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 07:30:26 PM »
If you don't have a photo then it won't count. It's about respecting the rules that are laid out, that's what some guys in the past didn't do and we have tried to make it a point to report properly. So your hage does not count. Mahalo.

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 07:54:49 PM »
No problem.  My fault.  I should've recorded him.  Really didn't want to count the little guys.

My 2 day total: 60pts

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 03:44:14 PM »
Gonna claim day 3 for Rob Kramer on a solo mission tomorrow 5/12/2016.

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »
Day 3 total for Rob Kramer team Pelagically Insane:

2x cnr moano: 16pts

previous total: 60pts +16pts= 76pts

Day 3 total for Rob Kramer: 76pts

I have to pull the videos off my gopro and post them.  Was a rough day.  Felt like I was doing donuts around the bait piles cause all I saw was the big pelagics and didn't have any bait to feed them.  I managed to pick up 3 opelu.  All were eaten within 5 minutes of dropping them into the water.  1st one hooked a big ulua that ran into a hole on the ledge and broke me off, 2nd to a shark, and 3rd was bit in half by an ono.  I also managed to loose 8 leads on my baitrod too.  4-5 of them were eaten by ono or kaku.  Ouch, that's gotta hurt for them later...lol.  The others were lost when something ate the opelu I was pulling up outta the pile.  Think I'm gonna start painting my leads black from now on.

Need to redeem myself...
Claiming day 4 and 5 this weekend 5/14/2016 and 5/15/2016

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 03:54:50 PM »
Here's the moano cnr's from yesterday

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 10:43:23 PM »
Roman texted early this morning to claim his 1st day of the makahiki, 5/14/2016.  Today was my 4th day and we launched as a team ready to work together to collect some pelagic action.  Where we launched, bait was scarce but the action wasn't when we had bait to feed the big guys.  Roman picked up a bait at sunrise and within 5 minutes he connected with a 15lb shibi.  We spent several hours more scouring for more bait but instead pulled up everything else that didn't complete the mm strait.  Shortly after noon the winds picked up and we scored a few more baits.  Once we hit the ledge, within 20 minutes the baits were gone or severed.  Insane action!  I hooked a nice shibi too but it shook the hook before I could land the kage a few feet below my yak.

Roman day 1 total:
15lb shibi: 30pts
moano cnr: 8pts
Roman day 1 total: 38pts

Rob day 4 total:
2x moano cnr: 16pts
Rob's day 4 total: 16pts

Team Pelagically Insane's old total+ Roman's day 1 total + Rob's day 4 total = new total
                      76pts                    +           38pts           +        16pts           =    130pts

Offline Jah_keb

• Instagram - Cryptocaryon
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »
Haha if i knew 2 c*r moanos were more points than a 25lb kaku! I need to make a cheat sheet to carry with me out there! Good luck tmw, hopefully the next shibi sticks!

Offline NickDub

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 10:43:52 PM »
Nice red meat!

Offline rjkronicles

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 08:33:27 PM »
Thanks guys.  Yesterday was a rough day for me.  Not so much being out in the beautiful ocean.  It did get a little choppy around lunch and the winds were up there but I like some of the rougher conditions.  I launched around 10am and spent 4 hours looking for bait in some of the rougher stuff.  After all the searching, finally, I have 4 baits to fish with and the wind is starting to let up.  I'm thinking now is my chance to redeem myself from pointing on all the little guys and all the recent bad hook sets on pelagics.  I paddled out to the ledge and started marking a deep pile that was super dense and getting destroyed by some of the big fish I seek.  I drop my first opelu and within seconds I get action.  I pulled the pelagic up to find out somehow this little kawa cnr got his tail tangled in my rig.  I drop my second opelu out in deeper water to get away from the school of little kawas.  Within a minutes, the reel is screaming and a 20lb+ mahi jumps!  Within a few second the line goes slack and the mahi's gone.  I'm thinking, oh well, no biggie, I have a couple more chances to produce and then my phone rings....it's my wife and my dog just got mauled by a pitbull on a hike.  I guess some people thought taking their rescued, aggressive, full grown pitbull out on a hike without a leash would be a good idea on a Sunday afternoon.  My dog doesn't even have a mean bone in her body and the only thing she kills is flies.  Anyways, I immediately paddled back in to meet up with my wife at the vet and fork over $600 bucks for them to stitch little Ipo back up.  At least she's is gonna be ok and that's really all that matters to me.  It's probably a good thing I decided to fish instead of hike.  Otherwise, I may have done something I regretted later to the pitts owners for being so irresponsible.

Here's the new score for Team Pelagically Insane:

my day 5 total:
kawakawa under 5lbs cnr: 7pts
moano cnr :8pts
day 5 total: 15pts
old team total: 130pts

New Team Total:   145pts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 07:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AHTV

Makahiki 2016 Prize Sponsors

PENN

Ocean Kayak

Bending Branches

Knot 2 Kinky

Ocean Kayak

Scotty Products

Aquahunters Random Gallery Pic!

yellow spot